Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Normal like you...

Holy shit,  a lot can happen in a year.  I can't believe this is my life sometimes...

Finally saw a magical dr named Dr Wade.  Instead of being baffled and frustrated by my crazy blood tests and abnormal health patterns he decided to try to treat me aggressively and see what happens.  Started some crazy immunosuppressants and cell killing drugs that literally made me feel like I was going to die...but like magic, slowly but surely I am getting better.  My blood tests are now closer to normal than not normal and I feel pretty damn good.  Throw in a 50lb + weight loss since March of 2014 and you've got almost a brand new me.

But with all good things I am still battling my demons.  Sometimes it's hard, especially on 'drug day Thursday' when I can't always rationalize my life.  Being on these drugs has come at a cost.  Dr wade has said that if I get pregnant on these medications he will quit medicine.  It is THAT serious that I do not procreate on methotrexate.  Not that I had a baby daddy lined up, but when you are told you cannot do something all of a sudden you are 34 years old and being told 'you cannot have a baby!'.  It's rather life shattering.  I have always wanted to be a mom, I think I would have made a really great one.  I guess I can always adopt once I get my body and head back in check.

I will write more soon, but I needed to fill in the blanks of the past year...I'm so different it scares me! Xox

No comments:

Post a Comment